WordPress Website & Logo Design
Clatsop County Historical Society rebranded their family of four museums with a brand-new website and address at astoriamuseums.org. The responsive WordPress website encourages visitors to discover and explore exhibits, features historical photographs from the museums’ collection, and brings the gift shop online.
Inspired by the success of the new and improved website, CCHS asked Mad Bird Design to create a fresh new logo to represent the organization. The woodcut-style graphic is inspired by three features that have shaped Clatsop County life and economy through the years: shipping, forests, and fishing.
The website’s bells and whistles include:
- Highlights and exhibits from Astoria’s Flavel House Museum, Heritage Museum, Oregon Film Museum, and Uppertown Firefighters Museum.
- Available for the first time online, a gallery of historic Clatsop County photographs, set up for online sales powered by NextGEN Gallery.
- A new Museum Store / Virtual Gift Shop features Goonies merchandise and other goodies.
- Adventures in History radio show / podcast library hosted by the Historical Society’s executive director.
- To celebrate the art and legacy of film and television production in Oregon, we created an interactive map of featured scenes filmed in Oregon.
- Online forms make it easy for supporters to make a donation, be a volunteer, and become a member.
“The site has been working really well and most everyone agrees that it is a VAST improvement … it has been highly praised.”