The final cut of LIGHT OF MINE premiered in Northwest Film Center’s Whitsell Auditorium inside the Portland Art Museum on June 30. Cinematography by Patrick Neary and Michael Ferry received rave reviews (read more below).
LIGHT OF MINE was also selected as one a Finalist for Best Cinematography at the Ashland Independent Film Festival in April, judged by cinematographer Gerald Hirschfeld A.S.C. This was Patrick’s second nomination for cinematography – he was also nominated in 2010 for CALVIN MARSHALL.
The list of Portland-area talent who collaborated on this film includes:
- Director and editor: Brett Eichenberger
- Cinematography by Mad Bird Films’ Patrick Neary and Michael Ferry
- Sound design by Jason Edwards and original music by John Askew of Smash the Hive
- Starring Ji Tanzer and Rebecca Sanborn
- Produced and written by Jill Remensnyder
- “The cinematography was beautiful, and the film was shot mostly with DSLR cameras. Lensbaby and tilt-shift lenses were used for special effects. It was gorgeous.” Pro Photo Supply
- “Told with grace and beauty. First rate cinematography coaxes hope out from seeming tragedy. A fine indie film worth seeing with someone you love.” IMDB Review
- “This movie captivates the audience right till the end, the cinematography rivals that of a National Geographic film and the characters are so engaging you leave the movie with them still on your mind. This is truly not only the best film I have seen come out of Portland but this is a movie I would go back to see again and again.” IMDB Review