Exciting developments from Mad Bird Design Animation — new film A MARTIAN PICNIC will premiere at the 11th annual ashland independent film festival!
Ashland Festival Dates: April 12-16, 2012
AIFF is one of the best things you can do in Oregon
– or anywhere – for your movie heart.”
Shawn Levy, The Oregonian
Ashland hosts a fantastic festival, and we are thrilled AIFF has selected Patrick’s new animated short film. This will be the premiere of A MARTIAN PICNIC, a stop motion cartoon that follows the misadventures of a hapless Martian as he competes with a mysterious alien creature for the contents of his picnic. Creative collaborators include Jason Edwards (newkrackle audiblefx) and John Askew (Scenic Burrows), who are creating the film’s soundtrack and original score.
The Oregonian’s Shawn Levy said the AIFF “offers movie lovers that same sense of being in a magical place … Southern Oregon doesn’t have anything else like it — nor, in fact, do most places on Earth.”
This will be our third year of participation in the festival, and we’re looking forward to the whole package: Ashland’s signature hospitality, outstanding programming, supportive community, and meeting other filmmakers.
Ashland Independent Film Festival history
- Short film Otis v Monster: 2010 Official Selection (animation by Patrick Neary)
- Feature Calvin Marshall: 2010 Official Selection, finalist for Best Cinematography (cinematography by Patrick Neary)
- Short film Landscape with Duck: 2011 Official Selection (animation by Patrick Neary)
- Feature Light of Mine: 2011 Official Selection, finalist for Best Cinematography (cinematography by Patrick Neary and Mike Ferry)
Wrapping up the 2011-12 festival run, LANDSCAPE WITH DUCK returns to Portland as part of the Portland International Film Festival’s SHORT CUTS program.
When: 6:15 p.m. Thursday, February 23, 2012
Where: Whitsell Auditorium, Portland Art Museum, 1219 SW Park Avenue, Portland, Oregon
Tickets & Info: festivals.nwfilm.org